IN THE NAME OF ALLAH THE MOST GRACIOUS AND THE MOST MERCIFUL
- Imaan and rectification of belief according to Sunni School of Thoughts, Verses from Holy Quran and Hadiths of Prophet(PBUH) has greatly emphasized on the establishment of prayer. There is great emphasize on establishment of prayer and there are warnings for those who give up Prayer.
- Here some of the Verses and Hadiths are mentioned so that the Muslims should listen to the commandments of Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) and act upon them by their blessings.
Allah Almighty says ‘ And to establish prayer and pay the Zakat and bow down with those who bow down’.
- The importance of Prayer is evident with this fact that Allah Almighty sent all His commandments to Holy Prophet (PBUH) on land but when prayer was to be made compulsory He Almighty called Prophet (PBUH) on heavens and give this gift to Prophet (PBUH) in the secret night.
- It is narrated by Ibn-e- Umar (R.A) that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “The building of Islam has been raised on five pillars. The evidence that Allah is the most appropriate to be worshipped and that Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) is the creature of Allah and His last prophet (PBUH), observance of prayer, payment of zakat, performance of Hajj and keeping of fast in the month of Ramzan”. (sahi Bukhari Muslim)
Hazrat Abu Ayub Ansari (R.A) narrated that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “A person who performs ablution as it is ordered, all his previous sins will be forgiven”. (Imaam Ahmed Nisaai-o-Ibn-e-Maja)
TIMING FOR PRAYERS
- FAJAR: Its time starts from rising of Fajar till the dawn of sun.
- ZUHAR and FRIDAY PRAYER: Its starts from noon to the time when everything has the shadow equal to it.
- ASAR: The time of Asar starts just after Zuhr, till the sun sets.
- MAGRIB: Time of Magrib starts just after the sun sets till dusk starts.
- ISHA and Witr: Time of Isha starts from the setting of dusk (shafaq) till the rising of Fajar.
CONDITIONS OF PRAYER (NAMAZ)
There are six conditions for Namaz:
- Purification: that is, the body and the clothes of the person saying Namaz is purified.
- The satr’Aurat: that is to say, that part of the body to conceal which is compulsory is, infect, concealed. Nakedness in man consists of part of the body from the navel to the knees, and in woman it consists of the whole body, excepting face, hands and feet.
- Istiqbaal-e-Qiblah: keeping the face and the breast towards the Qiblah.
- Saying Namaz on time.
- Intention: Making a firm resolve in the breast is called intention (saying it by mouth is desirable).
- Translation of Prayer.
OBLIGATORY ACTS FOR PRAYER
There are seven obligatory acts of Namaz:
- Saying Takbeer-e-Tahreemah or Al-Laahu Akbar (Al-Laah is the Greatest).
- Qiyaam: Saying Namaaz while standing erect, (it is obligatory to stand erect during the fard, witr and Sunnat of Fajr and Namaaz of the ‘Ieeds, and they will be nullified if said in a sitting position without a valid excuse. The standing position is not obligatory during voluntary (nafl) Namaaz.
- Recitations from the Qur’aan: It is obligatory to recite one complete verse in two rak’aat of obligatory (fard) Namaaz, and in every rak’aat of witr and voluntary (nafl) Namaaz. Such recital is not at all permissible for the muqtadi (the follower).
- Rukoo: Bowing down.
- Sajdah: Prostrating.
- Adopt sitting position on knees to recite At-Tahiy-yaat for the last time (Qa’dah) at the completion of Namaaz;
- Khurooj bisun’ihi: That is, to say salaam (peace) on both sides. If even one of the obligatory acts is left out namaz would be nullified, even if Sajda-Sahve (prostration for making mistakes during namaaz) is said.
The essentials (waajibaat) for Prayer:
- The essentials (waajibaat) for Prayer:
- 1- To say Allha –o-Akbar in Takbeer-e-tehreema.
- (2-8) To recite ‘Alhamd’ because its every verse is Wajib to recite. If anyone spare one verse or one word from Surah-e-Fatiha its means leaving a wajib act of prayer.
- 9- And to recite one long Surah with Fatiha or three small verses of Qur’aan.
- 10-11.In the first two Raqat of prayer Qirat (Recitation) is Wajib.
- 12- Surah-e-Alhamud is compulsory to be recited before any other Surah or Verses.
- 13- In every Rakat it is compulsory to recite Surah Alhamd just once.
- 14- just after first Qirat of Qiyaam, Raque is compulsory.
- 15- Just after first Sajda it is compulsory to do second sajda.
- 16- Tadeel-e-Arqaam means to perform all the aspects in peace and calm and not to be hurry.
- 17- Do not add anything during Tashad when reciting Farz, Witr and Sunnat-e-Moqda.
- 18- To recite complete Tashah-had between both sitting.
- 19- TO say Salaam twice.
- 20 – To recite Duwa-e-Qanoot during Witr.
- 21- To say Takbeer-e- Qanoot.
- 22- To call out six additional takbeer (Al-Laahu Akbar) during the Namaaz of the two Eids.
- 23- Imam Recites loudly during Juhri Prayer (i.e. Fajar, Magrib, Isha).
- 24- Imam does not recite loudly during Khaffi Prayers (i.e. Zuhar, Asr).
- 25- Every Farz and Wajib should be offered at its proper place.
- 26- There is only one Raqu in one Raqaat.
- 27- There are two Sajood in every Raqaat.
- 28- Do not perform Qaada before second Raqaat.
- 29- The follower to remain silent behind the Imaam (the prayer leader).
- 30- To follow the Imaam in all the essentials excepting when the Qur’aan is being recited.
The Sunnat acts of Namaz:
- To raise both hands upto the ears while saying the takbeer-e- tahreemah and for translation.
- Relax the fingers of hands.
- To keep the palms and fingers facing the Qiblah.
- Do not make the head tired during Takbeer.
- During Takbeer of Eidain rise hands till the ears and except this it is not Sunnah to rise hands during prayers.
- For the Imaam to say in loud voice, Allah-o-Akbar, Sami’al Laahu Liman Hamidah and Salam.
- Note: It is prohibited to raise the voice unnecessarily during the prayer.