- To give charity in the name of Allha is a good deed. The wealth by which you could not achieve the benefit is of no use for you. Whatever you eat or wear is yours only or whatever you spend for the life hereafter but not that property that you collect and leave for others. Here are some important Hadiths that show its importance, listen to these Hadiths and act upon them. May Allha Almighty give us this opportunity to act upon them.
Hadith No: 01
- In Sahihain it is reported by Abu Huraira (R.A) that Prophet (PBUH) said, ”There were three people in Bani Israeel , one was suffering from vitilego (a skin disease), other was bald and third was blind. Allha Almighty decided to take their trail and sent an angel to them. That angel came to the person who was suffering from vitilego, the Angel asked him, which thing you love the most. He said, “good complexion and good skin so that i may get rid of this disease which is hated by people”. The Angel touched him by hand and all the hateable thing disappeared and he was granted good complexion and good skin. The Angel asked, “which property you love the most?” He said, “a camel or cow” (narrator is not sure whether the person suffering from vitilego, said this or the bald person). One of them said cow and other said camel of 10 months and said, “May Allha grant you His blessings.”
- In Sahi Bukhari it is narrated by Abu Hurraira (R.A) that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “A person say, it is my wealth, it is my wealth and he has only three types of benefit, whatever he ate and finished, whatever he wore and make it old or accumulate for the life the life hereafter and by giving in way of Allha. Except this he has to leave the world and the rest of the wealth is to be left for others”.
- It is in Bukhari-o- nisai Masood (R.A) reported that Holy Prophet (PBUH) asked from his companions “which one of you love your wealth more than his inheritor’s wealth”. Companions replied, “O Prophet (PBUH) of Allha, there is no one of us who does not love his wealth. Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “your own wealth is that you have sent forward (sadqaat) or that you leave behind (after death) i.e. the wealth that is for your inheritance”.
- It is reported in Sahih Bukhari by Abu Hurraira (R.A) “Had i have gold equal to the mountain of Uhd, I love to spend it (in the way of Allha) before three nights pass except i have the responsibility of preacher religion then I will keep some for that.”
Hadith No: 05 & 06
- In Sahih Muslim again it is narrated by same narrator, Abu Huraira(R.A), there is not even a single day when morning rises, two angels are revealed. One of them says, “O Allha give the reward to the one who spends (in your way)”, other angel says, “ O Allha, destroy the wealth of that person who does not spend his wealth (in your ways).” Same Hadith is narrated by Imam Ahmed and Ibn-e-Habaan and also Hakim narrated to Hazrat Abu Darda (R.A).
- It is in Sahihain that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “Spend in the way of Allha and do not count, Allha will count and give it to you. Do not stop spending (in the way of Allha) He who stops giving you, give something in the way of Allha according to your status or power.
Hadith No: 08
- In Sahihain it is narrated by Abu Hurraira (R.A) that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, that Allha Almighty said, that Allha Almighty said, “O son of Adam, spend (for me), I will spend for you.”
Hadith No: 09
- It is narrated by Abu Imama (R.A) that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “O son of Adam it is better for you to spend (in the way of Allha) that is left and it is not suitable for you to stop spending (in the way of Allha). There is no condemnation if you do not spend according to your requirement and start spending from those who are under your custody.”
- It is in Sahihain, Hazrat Abu Huraira (R.A) narrated that Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) said that “ a miser person who spends (in the way of Allha), their example is like two persons who are wearing armours, their hands, chest and throat are seized, so the person who gives Sadaaqa (charity), his armour will be widen and the other person who is a miser when he intends to Saadqa (charity), even the chain of armour is stuck to its place and it is not widen though he wishes to widen it.”
- It is narrated by Jabar (R.A) in Sahih Muslim that “Avoid from cruelty as cruelty is darkness in the hereafter, and avoid from being stingy because stinginess killed the previous nations, and this stinginess provoked them to kill others and to declare legal which is illegal”.
- In the same Sahih Muslim it is narrated by Abu Hurraira (R.A) that a person asked Prophet (PBUH) that which Sadqaa has more reward? Holy Prophet (PBUH) answered, “ the Sadqaa of a person who is healthy, has greed, there is fear of poverty, he wishes to be wealthy, but not like the one who does not give in the way of Allha but when he is about to die then he divides it among different people and to his inheritors.”
- In Sunnan Tirmizi it is narrated by Abu Huraira (R.A) that Holy Prophet(PBUH) said, “A generous person is close to Allha Almighty, close to paradise, close to humans and far away from Hell whereas a miser person is far from Allha Almighty, far away from Paradise, far away from humans and close to Hell. An illiterate generous person is dear to Allha as compared to Miser pious man.”
- In Sunnan Abu Daud it is reported by Abu Saeed (R.A) that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, it is better to give one Darham as Sadqaa during health rather than giving hundred Darhams as Sadqaa at the time of death.”
- It is narrated by Imam Ahmed and Darramy and Tirmizi that Abu Darda reported that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, if a person gives Sadqaa or free a slave at the time of Death, his example is like a person who is satisfied and is paying alms (hadya).
- It is reported in Sunnan Tirmizi that Holy Prophet(PBUH) said, “it is also a Sadqaa to smile in front of your Muslim brother, it is also Sadqaa to preach someone for good deeds, to stop someone from evil is also sadqaa, it is also a sadqaa to tell the way to someone who has forgotten the way, to remove stone, the thorn or bone from the passage is also sadqaa, to put water from your bucket to your Muslim brother’s bucket is also sadqaa.”
- Imaam Ahmed narrates from some companions of Prophet (PBUH) that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “the Shadow of a Muslim will be his Sadaqaa.”
- Imam Ahmed and Trimizi and Ibn-e-Maja narrated that Hazrat Maaz (R.A) reported that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “Sadqaa removes the sin just as water extinguish fire.”
- In Sahihain it is reported by Abu Masood (R.A) that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said “if a Muslim spends something for other Muslim to earn virtue or reward it is also Sadqaa.”
- In Tibraani Kabeer it is narrated by Rafai bin Fareej (R.A) that Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “Sadqaa closes seventy doors of Evil.”